David Irving: He's Writing 2 New Books
Andrew Pierce, in the London Times (2-10-05):
DAVID IRVING, the Holocaust denier, is planning a new book to try to restore his reputation -on SS chief Heinrich Himmler.
Irving, speaking in a Mayfair coffee shop a week after the moving ceremonies to mark the 60th anniversary of the liberation of Auschwitz, said: "I am not interested in survivors -survivors lie. People lie when money is involved."
The disgraced historian, who was bankrupted after being branded a Holocaust denier by a judge in a failed libel action, is now planning the biography of Himmler, who was an architect of the Final Solution.
Irving, who is also writing another book on Winston Churchill, said: "Because of my reputation, a lot of private collectors, particularly in the United States, came forward and gave me access to material which no one else has seen.
"I have read 200 letters written by Himmler to his mistress between 1938 and 1944 which are very revealing.
"I am deliberately holding them back until I am released from my bankruptcy on March 5. Otherwise it would be seized ...they will be a fitting climax of my career."
Will the Himmler book be positive about the SS leader? "It asks the same interesting questions that I got into trouble for asking about Adolf Hitler," said Irving....
comments powered by Disqus
- Rutgers historian Rudy Bell leads protest against Condoleezza Rice speaking at commencement
- Islamic history scholar Michael Cook wins Holberg Prize
- Prolific Alaskan Historian, Author, UAF Professor Claus-M. Naske Passes at Age 78
- Historian Fernando Prado on quest to find remains of Cervantes
- Historian shines a light on the dark heart of Australia's nationhood