Trent Lott and Strom Thurmond
Acceptance Speech, 1948, Endorsing Civil Rights.
- Platform of the Dixiecrat Party 1948
Articles and Excerpts
- Ralph Luker, Trent Lott Should Be History
- Robert Dallek & Douglas Brinkley, Trent Lott's Faux Pas: What Historians Think
- Norman Markowitz, What Would America Be Like If Strom Thurmond Had Been Elected President?
- Joseph Crespino, Republican Double-Speak on Race
- Michelle Cottle, Trent Lott's Racist Past
- Derek Alger, Trent Lott ... Find Another Country to Be Part Of
- Norman Ravitch, Richard Jensen, Michael Kazin, Sam Tanenhaus, Ralph Luker, Abigail Thernstrom, Debate: Was It a Crime to Have Supported the Dixiecrat Party?
- Timothy Noah, Strom Thurmond Never Repudiated Segregation
- Hubert Humphrey, Civil Rights Speech at the Democratic Convention, 1948
- Kari Frederickson, Strom Thurmond's Mixed Record
- Robin Toner, Sanitizing the Past
- David Halbfinger and Jeffrey Gettleman, NYT Profile of Trent Lott
- Eric Black, Dixiecrats' 1948 rebellion signified white resistance
- Timothy Noah, Did Robert Byrd Ever Renounce Segregation?
- Jim Sleeper, The Real Third-Party Candidate in 1948
comments powered by Disqus
- Supreme Court reveals that the docket books of many justices survive -- and are being made available
- Poll: Majority Of Americans Say Obama Is Mixed Race, Not Black
- New technology helps paleontologists see Ice-Age bee in intricate detail
- History textbooks in crosshairs of Australia's curriculum wars
- Archaeologists' findings may prove Rome a century older than thought
- She Came All the Way from Melbourne to Attend the OAH
- The 7 Most Popular HNN Videos from the 2014 OAH
- Jesse Lemisch’s up-from-below history is still strikingly original
- U.Va. Historian Alan Taylor Wins 2014 Pulitzer for Book on Slaves and War -- His second Pulitzer!
- UW Professor Stephanie Camp, 46, feminist historian, dies