English Heritage seeks missing link as Darwin documents go online
The book, which proved so important for his treatise On the Origin of Species, has been missing since the early Eighties from Down House, Kent, Darwin’s former home and now a museum dedicated to his life and work.
English Heritage, which bought the property on behalf of the nation in 1996, is anxious to locate the original observations to complete a historical document of the scientist’s thoughts during the five years he spent travelling around the world on HMS Beagle.
The Galapagos notes are the only missing items from the collection, which can be read online from today, the 150th anniversary of publication of his groundbreaking theory.
comments powered by Disqus
sell mbt masai shoes - 11/24/2009
The mbt walk shoes is part of mbt usa the new line scarpe mbt of mbt shoes which run slightly narrower, and have a slightly different feel. Women mbt shoes have all the benefits of the other styles like encouraging you to carry your weight more efficiently.This cheap mbt shoes help improve posture, reuce back pain, and alleviate joint pressure. http://www.mbtshoessale.com/
- ISIS is destroying both Shia and Sunni shrines and buildings in Mosul
- Study: Violent radicalism in UK isn't associated with poverty
- CONFIRMED: the Shrine of Jonah/Mosque of Yunus (Nineveh, Mosul, Iraq) has been destroyed
- Chinese President Xi Jinping: Nobody can change history
- Iraq’s Long-Lost Mythical Temple Has Been Found…and Is In Danger of Disappearing Again
- Historian who calls bull&%$@ on July 4th parade causes controversy
- This is what motivated history students in high school and middle school can do!
- Obama to award National Humanities Medals to 3 historians
- Historian Curt Gentry, known for Hoover biography and ‘Helter Skelter,’ dies at 83
- Harvard historian: strategy of climate science denial groups 'extremely successful'