GOP erupts over Reid slavery, segregation remarks
Speaking on the floor of the Senate, Reid blasted GOP leaders who have urged Democrats opt for a slower, incremental approach to reform instead of the mega-bill the majority hopes to push through the Senate by Christmas
Reid started by mimicking Republicans whom he claims have said: "'Slow down, stop everything, let's start over."
"You think you've heard these same excuses before? You're right," he continued. "In this country...there were those who dug in their heels and said, 'Slow down, it's too early. Let's wait. Things aren't bad enough' " - about slavery...
comments powered by Disqus
Vernon Clayson - 12/10/2009
If a Republican Senator had said this he would be hounded from office but the Democrat adoring media will slough it off. Harry Reid panders and blunders while kind of leading the Senate but he is far from the lead dog, whatever he believes he's doing he's doing it as a lame duck. He thinks he's Nevada's Robespierre, all moral and noble, but we think he's Charlie McCarthy to Obama's Edgar Bergen without the jokes.
- ‘Google must not be left to censor history’ – Wikipedia founder
- The most important battle you've probably never heard of
- ISIS is destroying both Shia and Sunni shrines and buildings in Mosul
- Study: Violent radicalism in UK isn't associated with poverty
- CONFIRMED: the Shrine of Jonah/Mosque of Yunus (Nineveh, Mosul, Iraq) has been destroyed
- Plagiarism scandals galore … but no consequences?
- Stephen Cohen was once considered a top Russia historian. Now he publishes odd defenses of Vladimir Putin.
- Historian who calls bull&%$@ on July 4th parade causes controversy
- This is what motivated history students in high school and middle school can do!
- Obama to award National Humanities Medals to 3 historians