GOP erupts over Reid slavery, segregation remarks
Speaking on the floor of the Senate, Reid blasted GOP leaders who have urged Democrats opt for a slower, incremental approach to reform instead of the mega-bill the majority hopes to push through the Senate by Christmas
Reid started by mimicking Republicans whom he claims have said: "'Slow down, stop everything, let's start over."
"You think you've heard these same excuses before? You're right," he continued. "In this country...there were those who dug in their heels and said, 'Slow down, it's too early. Let's wait. Things aren't bad enough' " - about slavery...
comments powered by Disqus
Vernon Clayson - 12/10/2009
If a Republican Senator had said this he would be hounded from office but the Democrat adoring media will slough it off. Harry Reid panders and blunders while kind of leading the Senate but he is far from the lead dog, whatever he believes he's doing he's doing it as a lame duck. He thinks he's Nevada's Robespierre, all moral and noble, but we think he's Charlie McCarthy to Obama's Edgar Bergen without the jokes.
- While French historians take a common view of WW I, British and German don't
- Historian: Proclamation Naming Pa. State Gun Gets Facts Wrong
- Irish slave owners were compensated historian reveals
- Two historians are in a race against time to preserve early church records from destruction
- Yale's Jay Winter sums up what we should remember about WW I