Looking Forward to the 124th Annual Meeting in San Diego
The AHA’s 124th Annual Meeting, taking place this January 7-10th in San Diego, is just over a week away. Have you had a chance to register?
During the Annual Meeting, posts at AHA Today will cover meeting highlights, news, and perhaps even a few San Diego points of interest. Check each morning, Thursday through Sunday, to see a selective overview of sessions and events for the day.
Until the start of the meeting on Thursday, January 7th, blog posting on AHA Today will be either sporadic or put on hold. Until then, here are some links you might want to check out, whether you’ll be in attendance at the meeting, or not.
- Online Program of the 124th Annual Meeting – Peruse all of the sessions and events available at the meeting by visiting this highly searchable online version of the Program of the 124th Annual Meeting.
- Events of the AHA Working Group for Historical Perspectives on Same-Sex Marriage – Check out the sessions in this miniconference that explores histories of marriage and sexuality that range across historical time, geographic space, and thematic focus.
- Supplement to the 124th Annual Meeting – With this Supplement in hand, learn how to eat cheaply in San Diego, where to stop on the mission trail, what has changed in the Annual Meeting Program, and much more.
- Perspectives on History articles on the 124th Annual Meeting – All the general info, session highlights, San Diego history, and other 124th annual meeting articles included in Perspectives on History this year, conveniently collected in one place.
- Video: AHA Job Center How-To Guide – Spend a few minutes watching this video to get the ins and outs on the AHA’s Job Center.
- Precirculated Paper Sessions – Precirculated paper sessions are one of the ways the AHA attempts to increase audience participation and discussion at the Annual Meeting. These sessions are organized around presentations (papers, PowerPoint, text from online) and made available online for audience members to access and read before the Annual Meeting.
- Manchester Grand Hyatt Hotel – Throughout the year, we have been communicating with members about a boycott underway at one of the Annual Meeting hotels, the Manchester Grand Hyatt, and how the AHA has been responding. Here is a communication to members from August that explains the facts of the boycott situation.
comments powered by Disqus