Blair 'hid intentions for bomber's release'
The Scottish First Minister made the comments during an appearance before the Commons Select Committee on Scottish Affairs, which is examining relations between the UK and Scottish governments after controversy over Abdul Baset Ali al-Megrahi’s release from life imprisonment on compassionate grounds last year.
Mr Salmond indicated that Mr Blair’s failure to tell Lord Falconer of Thoroton, one of the former Prime Minister’s most trusted political friends, and Jack Straw, Lord Falconer’s successor as Justice Secretary, was an explanation for their claims to the Scottish government that al-Megrahi was not included in the Prisoner Transfer Agreement (PTA) negotiated in 2007 between Britain and Libya.
Mr Salmond said that in communications with his Nationalist government at Holyrood, both Lord Falconer and Mr Straw appeared to believe that the UK would block Libya’s demands for al-Megrahi to be included.
comments powered by Disqus
nerriwy wang - 1/14/2010
Bridal retailer, Wedding dresses,Bridal dresses,Cheap wedding dresses,Inexpensive wedding dresses,
Cheap wedding gowns,Bridal wedding dress,Wedding website
Flower Girl Dresses
Party, Evening and Celebrity dresses – endless selection of styles, colours and the latest celebrity trends in the Goddiva boutique at fantastic prices
Mother Of The Bride Dresses
cheap wedding dresses
Dresses, evening, cocktail, prom dresses, formal gowns from eDressMe. Homecoming dresses and bridesmaid
- David Rosand, an Art History Scholar Whose Heart Was in Venice, Dies at 75
- NYT interviews Rick Perlstein about his book
- OAH issues a statement in support of the AP standards
- Daniel Pipes says in interview that the absence of anti-Israel protests in Muslim countries is highly significant
- A historian who studies China has discovered an overlooked angle in the debate about the Middle East. Could he have figured out a key reason for Iraq’s failure to defeat ISIS?