Blair 'hid intentions for bomber's release'
The Scottish First Minister made the comments during an appearance before the Commons Select Committee on Scottish Affairs, which is examining relations between the UK and Scottish governments after controversy over Abdul Baset Ali al-Megrahi’s release from life imprisonment on compassionate grounds last year.
Mr Salmond indicated that Mr Blair’s failure to tell Lord Falconer of Thoroton, one of the former Prime Minister’s most trusted political friends, and Jack Straw, Lord Falconer’s successor as Justice Secretary, was an explanation for their claims to the Scottish government that al-Megrahi was not included in the Prisoner Transfer Agreement (PTA) negotiated in 2007 between Britain and Libya.
Mr Salmond said that in communications with his Nationalist government at Holyrood, both Lord Falconer and Mr Straw appeared to believe that the UK would block Libya’s demands for al-Megrahi to be included.
comments powered by Disqus
nerriwy wang - 1/14/2010
Bridal retailer, Wedding dresses,Bridal dresses,Cheap wedding dresses,Inexpensive wedding dresses,
Cheap wedding gowns,Bridal wedding dress,Wedding website
Flower Girl Dresses
Party, Evening and Celebrity dresses – endless selection of styles, colours and the latest celebrity trends in the Goddiva boutique at fantastic prices
Mother Of The Bride Dresses
cheap wedding dresses
Dresses, evening, cocktail, prom dresses, formal gowns from eDressMe. Homecoming dresses and bridesmaid
- Award-Winning Filmmaker Kevin McCann to Produce the First Film about the Easter Rising in Ireland
- Clinton seen as the most intelligent president, George W. Bush the least
- Yahoo gains access to the CIA’s secret museum
- ISIS Toll: Loss of historic sites in Iraq documented
- Black Southern Voters, Poised to Play a Historic Role
- Historian Tim Furnish says liberals shouldn't be astonished that ISIS is stoning women to death -- "in many Muslim countries ... large majorities ... favor stoning"
- Historian turns baker?
- Timothy Garton Ash remembers an appearance by Putin at a conference in 1994 that's eye-opening
- NYT calls out China for denying visas to historians who write about touchy subjects
- History professor writes and directs a movie about (drum roll) a historian!