Beacon Press accepting submissions for video tribute to Howard Zinn
Be a part of a People's Tribute to Howard Zinn! Submit a video of yourself reading a chosen selection from his autobiography, You Can't Be Neutral on a Moving Train, and part of your reading may be included in a video tribute.
If we use a portion of your video, we'll send you a copy of You Can't Be Neutral on a Moving Train or the new compilation of his plays, Three Plays: The Political Theater of Howard Zinn—Emma, Marx in Soho, Daughter of Venus.
- Download the selection from You Can't Be Neutral on a Moving Train from Scribd http://www.scribd.com/doc/27076445.
- Make a video of yourself reading the posted selection out loud, from the top of page 206 to the end of the document.
- Remember to speak clearly and make sure you're not speaking too fast.
- Upload the video to YouTube and tag the video as "People's Tribute to Howard Zinn" or send a link to the video to email@example.com.
- Upload the video to YouTube and link to it in the comments section of this post.
- Send the video to firstname.lastname@example.org through a service such as Pando or YouSendIt.com.
- Your video should be at least 640 x 480 pixels.
- The preferred video formats are .avi or .mov.
- Try to have as little background noise as possible
comments powered by Disqus
- ‘Google must not be left to censor history’ – Wikipedia founder
- The most important battle you've probably never heard of
- ISIS is destroying both Shia and Sunni shrines and buildings in Mosul
- Study: Violent radicalism in UK isn't associated with poverty
- CONFIRMED: the Shrine of Jonah/Mosque of Yunus (Nineveh, Mosul, Iraq) has been destroyed
- Plagiarism scandals galore … but no consequences?
- Stephen Cohen was once considered a top Russia historian. Now he publishes odd defenses of Vladimir Putin.
- Historian who calls bull&%$@ on July 4th parade causes controversy
- This is what motivated history students in high school and middle school can do!
- Obama to award National Humanities Medals to 3 historians