Beacon Press accepting submissions for video tribute to Howard Zinn
Be a part of a People's Tribute to Howard Zinn! Submit a video of yourself reading a chosen selection from his autobiography, You Can't Be Neutral on a Moving Train, and part of your reading may be included in a video tribute.
If we use a portion of your video, we'll send you a copy of You Can't Be Neutral on a Moving Train or the new compilation of his plays, Three Plays: The Political Theater of Howard Zinn—Emma, Marx in Soho, Daughter of Venus.
- Download the selection from You Can't Be Neutral on a Moving Train from Scribd http://www.scribd.com/doc/27076445.
- Make a video of yourself reading the posted selection out loud, from the top of page 206 to the end of the document.
- Remember to speak clearly and make sure you're not speaking too fast.
- Upload the video to YouTube and tag the video as "People's Tribute to Howard Zinn" or send a link to the video to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Upload the video to YouTube and link to it in the comments section of this post.
- Send the video to email@example.com through a service such as Pando or YouSendIt.com.
- Your video should be at least 640 x 480 pixels.
- The preferred video formats are .avi or .mov.
- Try to have as little background noise as possible
comments powered by Disqus
- Is it a reminder of Nazis or a historical object worthy of saving?
- Supreme Court reveals that the docket books of many justices survive -- and are being made available
- Poll: Majority Of Americans Say Obama Is Mixed Race, Not Black
- New technology helps paleontologists see Ice-Age bee in intricate detail
- History textbooks in crosshairs of Australia's curriculum wars
- She Came All the Way from Melbourne to Attend the OAH
- The 7 Most Popular HNN Videos from the 2014 OAH
- Jesse Lemisch’s up-from-below history is still strikingly original
- U.Va. Historian Alan Taylor Wins 2014 Pulitzer for Book on Slaves and War -- His second Pulitzer!
- UW Professor Stephanie Camp, 46, feminist historian, dies