Beacon Press accepting submissions for video tribute to Howard Zinn
Be a part of a People's Tribute to Howard Zinn! Submit a video of yourself reading a chosen selection from his autobiography, You Can't Be Neutral on a Moving Train, and part of your reading may be included in a video tribute.
If we use a portion of your video, we'll send you a copy of You Can't Be Neutral on a Moving Train or the new compilation of his plays, Three Plays: The Political Theater of Howard Zinn—Emma, Marx in Soho, Daughter of Venus.
- Download the selection from You Can't Be Neutral on a Moving Train from Scribd http://www.scribd.com/doc/27076445.
- Make a video of yourself reading the posted selection out loud, from the top of page 206 to the end of the document.
- Remember to speak clearly and make sure you're not speaking too fast.
- Upload the video to YouTube and tag the video as "People's Tribute to Howard Zinn" or send a link to the video to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Upload the video to YouTube and link to it in the comments section of this post.
- Send the video to email@example.com through a service such as Pando or YouSendIt.com.
- Your video should be at least 640 x 480 pixels.
- The preferred video formats are .avi or .mov.
- Try to have as little background noise as possible
comments powered by Disqus
- T. rex fossils arrive at Smithsonian’s National Museum of Natural History
- Quote of the Day -- Time Magazine's Top 100 People
- Investigation: The Resegregation of America's Schools
- 5 Explosive Revelations Leaked from Senate Report Exposing CIA Torture
- In Parts of the South, Glorifying Slavery No Longer Pays the Bills
- UC Berkeley professor emeritus Robert Harlan dies at 84
- She Came All the Way from Melbourne to Attend the OAH
- The 7 Most Popular HNN Videos from the 2014 OAH
- Jesse Lemisch’s up-from-below history is still strikingly original
- U.Va. Historian Alan Taylor Wins 2014 Pulitzer for Book on Slaves and War -- His second Pulitzer!