Beacon Press accepting submissions for video tribute to Howard Zinn
Be a part of a People's Tribute to Howard Zinn! Submit a video of yourself reading a chosen selection from his autobiography, You Can't Be Neutral on a Moving Train, and part of your reading may be included in a video tribute.
If we use a portion of your video, we'll send you a copy of You Can't Be Neutral on a Moving Train or the new compilation of his plays, Three Plays: The Political Theater of Howard Zinn—Emma, Marx in Soho, Daughter of Venus.
- Download the selection from You Can't Be Neutral on a Moving Train from Scribd http://www.scribd.com/doc/27076445.
- Make a video of yourself reading the posted selection out loud, from the top of page 206 to the end of the document.
- Remember to speak clearly and make sure you're not speaking too fast.
- Upload the video to YouTube and tag the video as "People's Tribute to Howard Zinn" or send a link to the video to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Upload the video to YouTube and link to it in the comments section of this post.
- Send the video to email@example.com through a service such as Pando or YouSendIt.com.
- Your video should be at least 640 x 480 pixels.
- The preferred video formats are .avi or .mov.
- Try to have as little background noise as possible
comments powered by Disqus
- Richard III Really Ate and Drank Like a King
- Where’s the one place in the world where nobody’s messed with WW II relics?
- Secrets of the Clinton Library
- Beloit College is out with its annual list of what freshman know ... Tiny Tim? Carl Sagan? Forget about it.
- India Bans Indira Gandhi Assassination Film
- A prominent historian of science dies and no one takes notice
- A pro-Hamas Left emerges among historians, complains Jeffrey Herf
- Classicist Mary Beard celebrated by the New Yorker as “The Troll Slayer”
- Ilan Pappé praised in Iran as a "prominent anti-Zionist Israeli historian and intellectual"
- It's hard to be an optimist today, but Juan Cole is