Los Angeles cardinal accuses Arizona of 'Nazi and Communist' immigration techniques
Cardinal Roger Mahony of the Los Angeles archdiocese made the comments as Arizona passed a bill which would require police to question people about their immigration status if there is reason to suspect they are in the country illegally.
The Los Angeles archdiocese serves a large Hispanic immigrant population.
The new measure is the latest crackdown in Arizona which has an estimated 460,000 illegal immigrants and is the busiest border crossing point into the US.
The latest bill also allows citizens to sue government agencies that hinder enforcement of immigration laws.
comments powered by Disqus
- ISIS is destroying both Shia and Sunni shrines and buildings in Mosul
- Study: Violent radicalism in UK isn't associated with poverty
- CONFIRMED: the Shrine of Jonah/Mosque of Yunus (Nineveh, Mosul, Iraq) has been destroyed
- Chinese President Xi Jinping: Nobody can change history
- Iraq’s Long-Lost Mythical Temple Has Been Found…and Is In Danger of Disappearing Again
- Historian who calls bull&%$@ on July 4th parade causes controversy
- This is what motivated history students in high school and middle school can do!
- Obama to award National Humanities Medals to 3 historians
- Historian Curt Gentry, known for Hoover biography and ‘Helter Skelter,’ dies at 83
- Harvard historian: strategy of climate science denial groups 'extremely successful'