Los Angeles cardinal accuses Arizona of 'Nazi and Communist' immigration techniques
Cardinal Roger Mahony of the Los Angeles archdiocese made the comments as Arizona passed a bill which would require police to question people about their immigration status if there is reason to suspect they are in the country illegally.
The Los Angeles archdiocese serves a large Hispanic immigrant population.
The new measure is the latest crackdown in Arizona which has an estimated 460,000 illegal immigrants and is the busiest border crossing point into the US.
The latest bill also allows citizens to sue government agencies that hinder enforcement of immigration laws.
comments powered by Disqus
- Daniel Pipes says in interview that the absence of anti-Israel protests in Muslim countries is highly significant
- A historian who studies China has discovered an overlooked angle in the debate about the Middle East. Could he have figured out a key reason for Iraq’s failure to defeat ISIS?
- American Historical Association backs revision of the AP course in history
- Middle East Scholars and Librarians Call for the Boycott of Israeli Academic Institutions
- Cornel West and the Insular World of the Obama-Hating Left