Kennedy mini-series provokes outrage among American liberals
The series will be broadcast on the History Channel and is being created by Joel Surnow, a political conservative who was behind the globally successful drama in which Kiefer Sutherland plays Jack Bauer, a special agent hunting down terrorists.
The History Channel usually screens documentaries and factual reconstructions and "The Kennedys", which will focus on the presidency of John F Kennedy, will be its first venture into the scripted mini-series genre.
A stellar cast has been announced including Katie Holmes, the wife of Tom Cruise, who will play Jacqueline Kennedy, while President Kennedy will be played by Oscar nominee Greg Kinnear. British actor Tom Wilkinson will take on the role of family patriarch Joseph Kennedy.
But after reading early versions of the script some historians and Kennedy confidantes lambasted it.
comments powered by Disqus
- CBS features in-depth coverage of the 50th anniversary of the signing of the Civil Rights law
- Archive of WW II war crimes made public
- They tried to kill Hitler. Now they’re heroes.
- ‘Clinton Inc.’ Author Dishes on Monica Lewinsky and the Blue Dress
- Senator’s Thesis Turns Out to Be Remix of Others’ Works, Uncited
- Ukrainian Leaders Are Using David Barton's Theocratic Pseudo-History To Build Their Nation
- John D’Emilio, renowned professor of gay studies, retires
- Journalist Michael Wolraich says he wrote his new book about the Progressives to teach Americans how to do liberal politics
- It’s Martin Kramer vs. Ari Shavit vs. Benny Morris
- It's official: 2014 AHA election results are in