Kennedy mini-series provokes outrage among American liberals
The series will be broadcast on the History Channel and is being created by Joel Surnow, a political conservative who was behind the globally successful drama in which Kiefer Sutherland plays Jack Bauer, a special agent hunting down terrorists.
The History Channel usually screens documentaries and factual reconstructions and "The Kennedys", which will focus on the presidency of John F Kennedy, will be its first venture into the scripted mini-series genre.
A stellar cast has been announced including Katie Holmes, the wife of Tom Cruise, who will play Jacqueline Kennedy, while President Kennedy will be played by Oscar nominee Greg Kinnear. British actor Tom Wilkinson will take on the role of family patriarch Joseph Kennedy.
But after reading early versions of the script some historians and Kennedy confidantes lambasted it.
comments powered by Disqus
- ‘Google must not be left to censor history’ – Wikipedia founder
- The most important battle you've probably never heard of
- ISIS is destroying both Shia and Sunni shrines and buildings in Mosul
- Study: Violent radicalism in UK isn't associated with poverty
- CONFIRMED: the Shrine of Jonah/Mosque of Yunus (Nineveh, Mosul, Iraq) has been destroyed
- Plagiarism scandals galore … but no consequences?
- Stephen Cohen was once considered a top Russia historian. Now he publishes odd defenses of Vladimir Putin.
- Historian who calls bull&%$@ on July 4th parade causes controversy
- This is what motivated history students in high school and middle school can do!
- Obama to award National Humanities Medals to 3 historians