KKK Disowns Robert Byrd
In the wake of the passing of Sen. Robert Byrd, the Ku Klux Klan, an organization Byrd briefly belonged to, is coming to the defense of the West Virginia Democrat who served in the Senate for 51 years.
The Daily Caller reports:
As politicians and columnists across the country debate the life and legacy of the late Sen. Robert Byrd, the West Virginian's membership in the Ku Klux Klan has been a sticking point for many. Today's KKK, though, says Byrd did nothing to warrant such ire.
"He wasn't a Klansman long enough to get his sheet broke in," said Travis Pierce, national membership director for the Ku Klux Klan, LLC, one of several groups that uses the KKK name."It's much ado about nothing."...
comments powered by Disqus
- Mormon history professors debate atheists in bid to foster greater understanding
- Research by Richard Brown and Doron S. Ben-Atar sheds light on colonial bestiality
- Glenn Feldman wins prize for book, "The Irony of the Solid South"
- Prolific Wikipedia editor of women's lit dies in rock climbing accident
- Ronald Radosh says he's under attack from leftists