Germany shuts 9/11 plotters' mosque in Hamburg
Police said they believed the Taiba mosque was again being used as a meeting point for extremists.
The cultural association that runs the mosque has also been banned.
A German intelligence report last year said radical Muslims had travelled to military training camps in Uzbekistan after associating at the mosque.
"We have closed the mosque because it was a recruiting and meeting point for Islamic radicals who wanted to participate in so-called jihad or holy war," said Frank Reschreiter, a spokesman for Hamburg's state interior ministry.
He said 20 police officers had been searching the building and had confiscated material, including several computers, the Associated Press reported.
There was no announcement of any arrests....
comments powered by Disqus
Jon SR Ranted - 8/11/2010
Join into the condemnation then. Truth is any religion is better than none. As long as believer's in this or that religious belief are not able to head-off extremists they are courting disaster as a whole. The few trouble makers have no business meeting under the protection of honestly GOD people.
- ‘Google must not be left to censor history’ – Wikipedia founder
- The most important battle you've probably never heard of
- ISIS is destroying both Shia and Sunni shrines and buildings in Mosul
- Study: Violent radicalism in UK isn't associated with poverty
- CONFIRMED: the Shrine of Jonah/Mosque of Yunus (Nineveh, Mosul, Iraq) has been destroyed
- Plagiarism scandals galore … but no consequences?
- Historian who calls bull&%$@ on July 4th parade causes controversy
- This is what motivated history students in high school and middle school can do!
- Obama to award National Humanities Medals to 3 historians