'Third most wanted' Nazi suspect dies before Germany trial





One of the world's most-wanted Nazi suspects, Samuel Kunz, who was charged earlier this year with helping to kill 430,000 Jews in the Holocaust, has died, a Bonn court said on Monday.

Kunz, 89, who was charged in July with assisting in the murder of Jews at Belzec death camp near the Polish city of Lublin between 1942 and 1943, died on Nov 18, the court in the city of Bonn said.

Kunz, who was also accused of shooting dead 10 Jews, had been number three on the Simon Wiesenthal Center's list of most wanted Nazi war criminals after Sandor Kepiro of Hungary and Milivoj Asner of Austria....



comments powered by Disqus

Subscribe to our mailing list