No Casino Gettysburg Releases New Celebrity Interviews with Music from Saving Private Ryan
GETTYSBURG, Pa., Dec. 6, 2010 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Award-winning filmmaker Ken Burns, two-time Pulitzer Prize-winning author David McCullough, President Eisenhower's granddaughter Susan Eisenhower and Medal of Honor recipient Paul W. Bucha discuss their heartfelt objections to the proposed Gettysburg casino (1/2 mile from the Gettysburg National Military Park) in four emotional videos just released from No Casino Gettysburg and the Civil War Preservation Trust.
The musical accompaniment is from composer John Williams' powerful musical score for Steven Spielberg's 11-time Oscar-nominated film, Saving Private Ryan.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UmIdXEEQmY Burns (3:35)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmdR8DpMz8k McCullough (3:10)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_ZFyh4oaF4 Eisenhower (3:25)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UX2SCVQXeE Bucha (2:52)
Excerpts from the original soundtrack recording of Saving Private Ryan are being used with permission from five-time Academy Award-winning composer John Williams, DreamWorks Pictures, Paramount Pictures, members of the Boston Symphony Orchestra, and members of the Boston Musicians' Association. Williams has contributed the music for all No Casino Gettysburg videos and commercials this year....
comments powered by Disqus
- Ken Burns on Colbert to promote his new documentary, "The Address"
- UC Santa Barbara History Department featuring a series on the Great Society at 50
- Historians are trying to recover censored texts from World War I poets
- Diane Ravitch blasts the NYT for failing to understand the controversy over Common Core
- Mormon history professors debate atheists in bid to foster greater understanding