Armenian Quest for Lost Orphans
Ninety years ago, hundreds of thousands of Armenians died in mass killings that still resonate through Turkey's social and political life. But it is believed that thousands of orphaned Armenian children were saved secretly by Turkish families. Until now, the very existence of the children has remained largely an untold story, buried along with those who died between 1915 and 1916. But the stories of those Armenian orphans are slowly being uncovered by their descendants. Turkish documentary maker Berke Bas is one of those people.
comments powered by Disqus
- Nelson Mandela Dead: Icon of Anti-Apartheid Movement Dies at 95
- George H.W. Bush Given Lyndon B. Johnson Foundation Award
- Bruce Springsteen's 'Born To Run' manuscript could fetch $100,000 at NY auction
- Hospital Donates Records of Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis to JFK Library
- Australia’s Eureka Flag Finds a New Patch