WWII hand grenade found on North Yorkshire beach
A hand grenade from World War II which was found on a beach in North Yorkshire has been removed.
The device was found on Filey Beach near Royal Parade at about 1100 BST by a member of the public who was using a metal detector.
North Yorkshire Police said the south side of the beach was evacuated until about 1430 BST.
The Army Bomb Disposal Team attended the incident but said the device did not need to be detonated....
comments powered by Disqus
- Limbaugh, Citing Ron Radosh, Tries to Blame Max Blumenthal for Kansas Rampage
- UC Berkeley professor emeritus Robert Harlan dies at 84
- She Came All the Way from Melbourne to Attend the OAH
- The 7 Most Popular HNN Videos from the 2014 OAH
- Jesse Lemisch’s up-from-below history is still strikingly original