200 years of royal wedding dresses
Whatever Catherine Middleton will be wearing on her big day, one thing is certain: her dress will take its place in history, joining past royal wedding couture creations.
To celebrate the marriage of Prince William and Kate, Kensington Palace has brought out six sumptuous gowns - seldom seen by the public - all worn by royal brides over the past 200 years.
Take a look with Senior Curator Joanna Marschner, and see how fashions changed through the decades....
comments powered by Disqus
- Arizona Historical Society soon could be history
- Yale's Donald Kagan says students need to study Western civilization
- Ken Burns on Colbert to promote his new documentary, "The Address"
- UC Santa Barbara History Department featuring a series on the Great Society at 50
- Historians are trying to recover censored texts from World War I poets