Vietnam-Era Green Beret Finally Returns Home
The remains of Sgt. 1st Class Donald Shue, a Green Beret who had been on a secret special forces mission in Laos, were found on a farmer's property in that country a few months ago. Shue's sister Betty Jones tells The Associated Press that she didn't initially believe Army officials who said her brotherhad been found.
But she was convinced when they showed her a Zippo lighter, inscribed with his name, that was found in Laos. Shue hadn't been seen since November 1969....
comments powered by Disqus
- Round 2: It's Benny Morris vs. Martin Kramer ... Was there a massacre in 1948 in Lydda?
- World War I Anniversary: Five Historians, Two Questions
- While French historians take a common view of WW I, British and German don't
- Historian: Proclamation Naming Pa. State Gun Gets Facts Wrong
- Irish slave owners were compensated historian reveals