Demjanjuk attorney says his client a victim
John Demjanjuk's attorney argued Wednesday for his client's acquittal on 28,060 counts of accessory to murder, saying he never served as a Nazi guard and was a victim himself of both the Soviet regime and the Germans.
Ulrich Busch said in his second day of closing remarks that Ukrainian-born Demjanjuk had suffered under the Soviet regime of Josef Stalin before he was captured while serving with the Red Army and then imprisoned by the Nazis.
The 91-year-old is accused of agreeing to serve as a death camp guard after he was captured ....
comments powered by Disqus
- Heffron, of WWII's Band of Brothers, Dies at 90
- Fully 70 percent of films from silent era are lost, according to Library of Congress report
- "Secret" Labyrinth of Tunnels under Rome Mapped
- Florida Tribe Re-Creates Daring Escape From The Trail Of Tears
- Evolution, Civil War history entwine in plant fossil with a tragic past