Lithuania jails Soviet commando for Medininkai shooting
A Lithuanian court has jailed a former Soviet commando for life for his part in the killing of seven border guards just after independence in 1991.
Konstantin Mikhailov, an ex-member of the Omon paramilitary police, was arrested in neighbouring Latvia, where he had obtained citizenship.
He denied any part in the killings, known as the Medininkai massacre.
Three other Omon members wanted by Lithuania over the killings are believed to be living in Russia....
comments powered by Disqus
- Arizona Historical Society soon could be history
- Yale's Donald Kagan says students need to study Western civilization
- Ken Burns on Colbert to promote his new documentary, "The Address"
- UC Santa Barbara History Department featuring a series on the Great Society at 50
- Historians are trying to recover censored texts from World War I poets