Lithuania jails Soviet commando for Medininkai shooting
A Lithuanian court has jailed a former Soviet commando for life for his part in the killing of seven border guards just after independence in 1991.
Konstantin Mikhailov, an ex-member of the Omon paramilitary police, was arrested in neighbouring Latvia, where he had obtained citizenship.
He denied any part in the killings, known as the Medininkai massacre.
Three other Omon members wanted by Lithuania over the killings are believed to be living in Russia....
comments powered by Disqus
- Neanderthals Died Out 10,000 Years Earlier Than Thought, With Help From Modern Humans
- The Millennials Are Generation Nice
- Lost in Translation: Germany’s Fascination With the American Old West
- Secrets Of Iceberg That Sank The Titanic Revealed In New Study
- Former Nixon Counsel John Dean: Right-Wing Media Impeachment Calls, Watergate Comparisons "Absolutely Silliness"