United Apologizes for Reusing 9/11 Flight Numbers
United Airlines is apologizing for briefly restarting use of flight numbers of two planes that crashed after being hijacked on Sept. 11, 2001.
United spokesman Rahsaan Johnson says the airline regrets the recent use of flight numbers 93 and 175, and has taken steps to remove the numbers from the airline’s computer system.
Johnson says the flight numbers probably went back into use just in the past few days, and he attributes it to a technical error.
The union representing United flight attendants has come out with a statement objecting to the reuse of the numbers....
comments powered by Disqus
- While French historians take a common view of WW I, British and German don't
- Historian: Proclamation Naming Pa. State Gun Gets Facts Wrong
- Irish slave owners were compensated historian reveals
- Two historians are in a race against time to preserve early church records from destruction
- Yale's Jay Winter sums up what we should remember about WW I