Former Nazi Jail Now Holding "Prison Parties"
A German hotel that was once a notorious Nazi jail organizes "prison parties" complete with striped T-shirts and ferocious guards, Der Spiegel reported Thursday.
Hotel Stadt Hameln, a four-star hotel in the northern city of Hamelin made famous by the Pied Piper legend, charges guest $62 to attend the parties.
Guests, who wear black and white prison uniforms, are even forced to stand to attention when they ask guards for permission to use the restroom, the report said....
comments powered by Disqus
- History of Philly Rests Under I-95
- Agreement aims to protect North Shore wrecks from looters
- Award-Winning Filmmaker Kevin McCann to Produce the First Film about the Easter Rising in Ireland
- Clinton seen as the most intelligent president, George W. Bush the least
- Yahoo gains access to the CIA’s secret museum
- Historian turns baker?
- Timothy Garton Ash remembers an appearance by Putin at a conference in 1994 that's eye-opening
- NYT calls out China for denying visas to historians who write about touchy subjects
- History professor writes and directs a movie about (drum roll) a historian!