HNN Poll: How Do You Celebrate Memorial Day?
HNN welcomes your comments! We do ask all readers to abide by our civility guidelines.
To participate in our poll simply drop down to the bottom of this page and click on the word "Comments."
Memorial Day is ostensibly a day to commemorate the men and women who have fallen in uniform for the United States. Originally celebrated to honor Union soldiers who were killed in the Civil War, in modern times the holiday has become for many Americans simply a day off of work to start off the summer.
How do you celebrate Memorial Day?
comments powered by Disqus
- Daniel Pipes says in interview that the absence of anti-Israel protests in Muslim countries is highly significant
- A historian who studies China has discovered an overlooked angle in the debate about the Middle East. Could he have figured out a key reason for Iraq’s failure to defeat ISIS?
- American Historical Association backs revision of the AP course in history
- Middle East Scholars and Librarians Call for the Boycott of Israeli Academic Institutions
- Cornel West and the Insular World of the Obama-Hating Left