HNN Poll: How Do You Celebrate Memorial Day?
HNN welcomes your comments! We do ask all readers to abide by our civility guidelines.
To participate in our poll simply drop down to the bottom of this page and click on the word "Comments."
Memorial Day is ostensibly a day to commemorate the men and women who have fallen in uniform for the United States. Originally celebrated to honor Union soldiers who were killed in the Civil War, in modern times the holiday has become for many Americans simply a day off of work to start off the summer.
How do you celebrate Memorial Day?
comments powered by Disqus
- Earth Is In The Early Days Of A New Mass-Extinction Event, Researchers Warn
- Without World War I, what would literature look like today?
- The Secret to Early Jewish Success: Literacy
- Egypt’s Nasser is blamed for current problems by the regime
- ‘Google must not be left to censor history’ – Wikipedia founder
- Yale's Jay Winter sums up what we should remember about WW I
- Plagiarism scandals galore … but no consequences?
- Stephen Cohen was once considered a top Russia historian. Now he publishes odd defenses of Vladimir Putin, says critic
- Historian who calls bull&%$@ on July 4th parade causes controversy
- This is what motivated history students in high school and middle school can do!