HNN Poll: How Do You Celebrate Memorial Day?
HNN welcomes your comments! We do ask all readers to abide by our civility guidelines.
To participate in our poll simply drop down to the bottom of this page and click on the word "Comments."
Memorial Day is ostensibly a day to commemorate the men and women who have fallen in uniform for the United States. Originally celebrated to honor Union soldiers who were killed in the Civil War, in modern times the holiday has become for many Americans simply a day off of work to start off the summer.
How do you celebrate Memorial Day?
comments powered by Disqus
- Iraq’s Long-Lost Mythical Temple Has Been Found…and Is In Danger of Disappearing Again
- CBS features in-depth coverage of the 50th anniversary of the signing of the Civil Rights law
- Archive of WW II war crimes made public
- They tried to kill Hitler. Now they’re heroes.
- ‘Clinton Inc.’ Author Dishes on Monica Lewinsky and the Blue Dress
- Ukrainian Leaders Are Using David Barton's Theocratic Pseudo-History To Build Their Nation
- John D’Emilio, renowned professor of gay studies, retires
- Journalist Michael Wolraich says he wrote his new book about the Progressives to teach Americans how to do liberal politics
- It’s Martin Kramer vs. Ari Shavit vs. Benny Morris
- It's official: 2014 AHA election results are in