Mladic too ill to face genocide charges, his lawyer says
Ratko Mladic's lawyer has requested a new medical examination for the former Bosnian Serb general, arguing that Mladic is not healthy enough to face charges of genocide at the International Criminal Tribunal for the former Yugoslavia, he said Monday.
Mladic would not be able to participate in a trial because of his ill health, lawyer Milos Saljic said.
Chief prosecutor Vladimir Vukcevic denied Monday that Mladic was in poor health, saying that he was "lively and joking," and had asked for Russian classics to read. He said Mladic would be sent to The Hague within days if his extradition appeal fails.....
comments powered by Disqus
- Japanese historians slam sex-slave apology review
- Stephanie Coontz: "Marriages require much more maturity than they once did."
- The historian who unearthed "Twelve Years a Slave"
- Historians unravel mystery behind cryptic Lincoln note
- Five Things You Need to Know to be a Better Digital Preservationist