China: Tiananmen Payment Discussed, Activists Say
A group of mothers demanding justice for the victims of the Tiananmen Square massacre of June 4, 1989, said Tuesday that police officials in Beijing had contacted one family in April to discuss giving compensation for the death in that family. It was a rare instance in which officials had mentioned compensation in relation to the killings....
comments powered by Disqus
- Earth Is In The Early Days Of A New Mass-Extinction Event, Researchers Warn
- Without World War I, what would literature look like today?
- The Secret to Early Jewish Success: Literacy
- Egypt’s Nasser is blamed for current problems by the regime
- ‘Google must not be left to censor history’ – Wikipedia founder
- Yale's Jay Winter sums up what we should remember about WW I
- Plagiarism scandals galore … but no consequences?
- Stephen Cohen was once considered a top Russia historian. Now he publishes odd defenses of Vladimir Putin, says critic
- Historian who calls bull&%$@ on July 4th parade causes controversy
- This is what motivated history students in high school and middle school can do!