China: Tiananmen Payment Discussed, Activists Say
A group of mothers demanding justice for the victims of the Tiananmen Square massacre of June 4, 1989, said Tuesday that police officials in Beijing had contacted one family in April to discuss giving compensation for the death in that family. It was a rare instance in which officials had mentioned compensation in relation to the killings....
comments powered by Disqus
- New Hampshire professors at odds with library over discarded books
- Troubled history fuels Japan-China tension
- Independent Scotland's last gasp forgotten in Panama jungle
- LBJ was the ‘most-threatened president in American history’
- New exhibit at the World War I Museum ... Over by Christmas: August-December 1914
- Ken Burns on Colbert to promote his new documentary, "The Address"
- UC Santa Barbara History Department featuring a series on the Great Society at 50
- Historians are trying to recover censored texts from World War I poets
- Diane Ravitch blasts the NYT for failing to understand the controversy over Common Core
- Mormon history professors debate atheists in bid to foster greater understanding