'Butcher of Bosnia' to Face War Crimes Tribunal Friday
Ratko Mladic will make his first appearance before a U.N. tribunal in The Hague on Friday to answer a list of war crimes charges that includes genocide.
The former Bosnian Serb military commander is accused of masterminding atrocities throughout the 1992-95 Bosnian war.
He is being held in an isolation cell following his extradition from Serbia....
comments powered by Disqus
- T. rex fossils arrive at Smithsonian’s National Museum of Natural History
- Quote of the Day -- Time Magazine's Top 100 People
- Investigation: The Resegregation of America's Schools
- 5 Explosive Revelations Leaked from Senate Report Exposing CIA Torture
- In Parts of the South, Glorifying Slavery No Longer Pays the Bills
- UC Berkeley professor emeritus Robert Harlan dies at 84
- She Came All the Way from Melbourne to Attend the OAH
- The 7 Most Popular HNN Videos from the 2014 OAH
- Jesse Lemisch’s up-from-below history is still strikingly original
- U.Va. Historian Alan Taylor Wins 2014 Pulitzer for Book on Slaves and War -- His second Pulitzer!