'Butcher of Bosnia' to Face War Crimes Tribunal Friday
Ratko Mladic will make his first appearance before a U.N. tribunal in The Hague on Friday to answer a list of war crimes charges that includes genocide.
The former Bosnian Serb military commander is accused of masterminding atrocities throughout the 1992-95 Bosnian war.
He is being held in an isolation cell following his extradition from Serbia....
comments powered by Disqus
- Thomas Slaughter interviewed about his new book on the American Revolution
- Historian Michael Ignatieff writes a memoir explaining why he failed in politics
- Olivia Remie Constable, director of the Medieval Institute at Notre Dame since 2009, passes away
- Arizona Historical Society soon could be history
- Yale's Donald Kagan says students need to study Western civilization