Osama bin Laden's doctor shocked to learn who his patient was
A Pakistani doctor has said he was shocked to learn he had unwittingly been Osama bin Laden's family GP for up to five years.
Dr Mehar Dil Wazir, an eminent paediatrician in Abbotabad, said he had not known the children he had treated for three years were the al-Qaeda leader's.
He only discovered the support role he had played to bin Laden's life in hiding when Pakistani intelligence officers questioned him after some of his prescriptions were found on the third floor following the US Navy Seal raid on bin Laden's secret compound close to a Pakistan Army military academy.
According to neighbours, he has been in the custody of the country's ISI intelligence agency from the day after bin Laden was killed until earlier this week....
comments powered by Disqus
- Journalist Michael Wolraich says he wrote his new book about the Progressives to teach Americans how to do liberal politics
- It’s Martin Kramer vs. Ari Shavit vs. Benny Morris
- It's official: 2014 AHA election results are in
- In new book UC Berkeley historian Waldo E. Martin, Jr. takes Black Panther Party's point of view
- Economics historian finds that real social mobility takes hundreds of years