Osama bin Laden's doctor shocked to learn who his patient was
A Pakistani doctor has said he was shocked to learn he had unwittingly been Osama bin Laden's family GP for up to five years.
Dr Mehar Dil Wazir, an eminent paediatrician in Abbotabad, said he had not known the children he had treated for three years were the al-Qaeda leader's.
He only discovered the support role he had played to bin Laden's life in hiding when Pakistani intelligence officers questioned him after some of his prescriptions were found on the third floor following the US Navy Seal raid on bin Laden's secret compound close to a Pakistan Army military academy.
According to neighbours, he has been in the custody of the country's ISI intelligence agency from the day after bin Laden was killed until earlier this week....
comments powered by Disqus
- Egypt’s Nasser is blamed for current problems by the regime
- ‘Google must not be left to censor history’ – Wikipedia founder
- The most important battle you've probably never heard of
- ISIS is destroying both Shia and Sunni shrines and buildings in Mosul
- Study: Violent radicalism in UK isn't associated with poverty
- Plagiarism scandals galore … but no consequences?
- Stephen Cohen was once considered a top Russia historian. Now he publishes odd defenses of Vladimir Putin, says critic
- Historian who calls bull&%$@ on July 4th parade causes controversy
- This is what motivated history students in high school and middle school can do!
- Obama to award National Humanities Medals to 3 historians