Osama bin Laden's doctor shocked to learn who his patient was
A Pakistani doctor has said he was shocked to learn he had unwittingly been Osama bin Laden's family GP for up to five years.
Dr Mehar Dil Wazir, an eminent paediatrician in Abbotabad, said he had not known the children he had treated for three years were the al-Qaeda leader's.
He only discovered the support role he had played to bin Laden's life in hiding when Pakistani intelligence officers questioned him after some of his prescriptions were found on the third floor following the US Navy Seal raid on bin Laden's secret compound close to a Pakistan Army military academy.
According to neighbours, he has been in the custody of the country's ISI intelligence agency from the day after bin Laden was killed until earlier this week....
comments powered by Disqus
- Nelson Mandela Dead: Icon of Anti-Apartheid Movement Dies at 95
- George H.W. Bush Given Lyndon B. Johnson Foundation Award
- Bruce Springsteen's 'Born To Run' manuscript could fetch $100,000 at NY auction
- Hospital Donates Records of Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis to JFK Library
- Australia’s Eureka Flag Finds a New Patch