South Africa mourns Albertina Sisulu
South Africa is mourning one of the leading lights of the anti-apartheid movement, Albertina Sisulu, who has died aged 92.
Mrs Sisulu was the widow of Walter Sisulu, a friend and mentor of former South African President Nelson Mandela.
A political figure in her own right, she was active in the women's league of the African National Congress (ANC).
ANC spokesman Brian Sokutu said Mrs Sisulu had dedicated her life to bringing democracy to South Africa....
comments powered by Disqus
- Nelson Mandela Dead: Icon of Anti-Apartheid Movement Dies at 95
- George H.W. Bush Given Lyndon B. Johnson Foundation Award
- Bruce Springsteen's 'Born To Run' manuscript could fetch $100,000 at NY auction
- Hospital Donates Records of Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis to JFK Library
- Australia’s Eureka Flag Finds a New Patch