South Africa mourns Albertina Sisulu
South Africa is mourning one of the leading lights of the anti-apartheid movement, Albertina Sisulu, who has died aged 92.
Mrs Sisulu was the widow of Walter Sisulu, a friend and mentor of former South African President Nelson Mandela.
A political figure in her own right, she was active in the women's league of the African National Congress (ANC).
ANC spokesman Brian Sokutu said Mrs Sisulu had dedicated her life to bringing democracy to South Africa....
comments powered by Disqus
- Historian Fernando Prado on quest to find remains of Cervantes
- Historian shines a light on the dark heart of Australia's nationhood
- Female historian says human rights museum censored her
- Japanese historians slam sex-slave apology review
- Stephanie Coontz: "Marriages require much more maturity than they once did."