Clinton Honors Embassy Bombing Victims
DAR ES SALAAM, Tanzania — Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton on Sunday honored those killed in the bombings in 1998 of the American Embassies here and in Kenya, a day after the authorities confirmed the death of the feared operative from Al Qaeda who masterminded the attacks.
“We have not forgotten your losses,” Mrs. Clinton told diplomats and employees at the embassy here, built after the attacks, which killed more than 200 people, including 12 Americans. She spoke after laying flowers in front of a stone memorial for the dead, accompanied by three Tanzanians who survived the bombing....
The mastermind of the bombings, Fazul Abdullah Mohammed, Al Qaeda’s leader in East Africa, was killed in a late-night shootout on Tuesday at a military checkpoint in Mogadishu, Somalia’s capital....
comments powered by Disqus
- Nelson Mandela Dead: Icon of Anti-Apartheid Movement Dies at 95
- George H.W. Bush Given Lyndon B. Johnson Foundation Award
- Bruce Springsteen's 'Born To Run' manuscript could fetch $100,000 at NY auction
- Hospital Donates Records of Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis to JFK Library
- Australia’s Eureka Flag Finds a New Patch