W.Va., Va. Senators Seek Battlefield Funding
RICHMOND, Va. - Sens. Jim Webb of Virginia and Jay Rockefeller of West Virginia teamed up Monday with two fellow Democrats to seek Senate approval of $10 million for Civil War battlefield preservation in the fiscal year 2012 budget.
"With the sesquicentennial commemoration of the Civil War having begun in April, this is an opportune time to recommit our energies to the protection of these hallowed grounds," the four wrote in a letter to the Senate Committee on Appropriations and a subcommittee on the interior and environment....
comments powered by Disqus
- ISIS is destroying both Shia and Sunni shrines and buildings in Mosul
- Study: Violent radicalism in UK isn't associated with poverty
- CONFIRMED: the Shrine of Jonah/Mosque of Yunus (Nineveh, Mosul, Iraq) has been destroyed
- Chinese President Xi Jinping: Nobody can change history
- Iraq’s Long-Lost Mythical Temple Has Been Found…and Is In Danger of Disappearing Again
- Historian who calls bull&%$@ on July 4th parade causes controversy
- This is what motivated history students in high school and middle school can do!
- Obama to award National Humanities Medals to 3 historians
- Historian Curt Gentry, known for Hoover biography and ‘Helter Skelter,’ dies at 83
- Harvard historian: strategy of climate science denial groups 'extremely successful'