W.Va., Va. Senators Seek Battlefield Funding
RICHMOND, Va. - Sens. Jim Webb of Virginia and Jay Rockefeller of West Virginia teamed up Monday with two fellow Democrats to seek Senate approval of $10 million for Civil War battlefield preservation in the fiscal year 2012 budget.
"With the sesquicentennial commemoration of the Civil War having begun in April, this is an opportune time to recommit our energies to the protection of these hallowed grounds," the four wrote in a letter to the Senate Committee on Appropriations and a subcommittee on the interior and environment....
comments powered by Disqus
- Journalist Michael Wolraich says he wrote his new book about the Progressives to teach Americans how to do liberal politics
- It’s Martin Kramer vs. Ari Shavit vs. Benny Morris
- It's official: 2014 AHA election results are in
- In new book UC Berkeley historian Waldo E. Martin, Jr. takes Black Panther Party's point of view
- Economics historian finds that real social mobility takes hundreds of years