W.Va., Va. Senators Seek Battlefield Funding
RICHMOND, Va. - Sens. Jim Webb of Virginia and Jay Rockefeller of West Virginia teamed up Monday with two fellow Democrats to seek Senate approval of $10 million for Civil War battlefield preservation in the fiscal year 2012 budget.
"With the sesquicentennial commemoration of the Civil War having begun in April, this is an opportune time to recommit our energies to the protection of these hallowed grounds," the four wrote in a letter to the Senate Committee on Appropriations and a subcommittee on the interior and environment....
comments powered by Disqus
- Round 2: It's Benny Morris vs. Martin Kramer ... Was there a massacre in 1948 in Lydda?
- World War I Anniversary: Five Historians, Two Questions
- While French historians take a common view of WW I, British and German don't
- Historian: Proclamation Naming Pa. State Gun Gets Facts Wrong
- Irish slave owners were compensated historian reveals