Jamaicans would have been better off British - poll
A survey for a Jamaican newspaper suggests most islanders believe the country would have been better off if it had remained a British colony.
The poll, commissioned by The Gleaner, found that 60% of respondents backed this view. But 17% disagreed.
A thousand people took part in the survey, out of a population of 2.7m. The poll has a reported margin of error of plus or minus 4%.
Jamaica is due to celebrate 50 years of independence next year.
It is not clear what main reasons the respondents had for their choices.
comments powered by Disqus
- Nelson Mandela Dead: Icon of Anti-Apartheid Movement Dies at 95
- George H.W. Bush Given Lyndon B. Johnson Foundation Award
- Bruce Springsteen's 'Born To Run' manuscript could fetch $100,000 at NY auction
- Hospital Donates Records of Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis to JFK Library
- Australia’s Eureka Flag Finds a New Patch