Cause of Father Kapaun, War Hero, Heads to Rome
WICHITA, Kan. (CNA) — U.S. Army chaplain Father Emil Kapaun’s cause for beatification is headed to Rome, an event the Diocese of Wichita, Kan., celebrated with a July 1 Mass at the Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception.
Father John Hotze, episcopal delegate for the office of Father Kapaun’s beatification and canonization, said the event marks the culmination of years of work and also celebrates the “gift” of Father Kapaun.
“The fact that we, unlike any other diocese in the United States, in the world, have been blessed by the example of this saintly man, Father Emil Kapaun, boggles my mind,” he said in a June 30 statement. “How can we do anything less than give praise to God for this gift and strive to follow the example of Father Kapaun’s selfless giving?”...
comments powered by Disqus
- American Historical Association backs revision of the AP course in history
- Middle East Scholars and Librarians Call for the Boycott of Israeli Academic Institutions
- Cornel West and the Insular World of the Obama-Hating Left
- Fox to turn Doris Kearns Goodwin’s “No Ordinary Time” into a 10 hour series on FDR and Eleanor
- Martin Kramer says Columbia University professors claim Israelis are the new Nazis