History accents positive in "Kennedy Home Movies"
LOS ANGELES (TheWrap) - The History cable channel is making nice with the Kennedys.
The folks who almost brought you the dark side of the would-be dynasty in "The Kennedys" miniseries is taking an altogether more positive look at America's royal family, "The Lost Kennedy Home Movies."
Assembled from four decades of private film shot mostly by the family and its friends, the documentary, which premieres at 9 on Wednesday night, ignores stuff like John F. Kennedy's womanizing and allegations that father Joe engineered the theft of the 1960 presidential election.
Instead, we get the Kennedys at play: tanned, debonair, carefree and privileged, letting their guard down in footage rarely if ever seen publicly....
comments powered by Disqus
- David Rosand, an Art History Scholar Whose Heart Was in Venice, Dies at 75
- NYT interviews Rick Perlstein about his book
- OAH issues a statement in support of the AP standards
- Daniel Pipes says in interview that the absence of anti-Israel protests in Muslim countries is highly significant
- A historian who studies China has discovered an overlooked angle in the debate about the Middle East. Could he have figured out a key reason for Iraq’s failure to defeat ISIS?