Betty Ford service to be attended by past first ladies, ex-presidents
Current and past first ladies and two former presidents will attend a Tuesday memorial service in California for former first lady Betty Ford.
The White House announced that Michelle Obama would travel to Palm Desert, California, for the National Tribute Service.
Former first lady Rosalynn Carter will be one of the eulogists, Ford family spokesman Gregory Willard said over the weekend. Journalist Cokie Roberts will join Carter in paying tribute to Ford.
Hillary Clinton, the current secretary of state, will be accompanied Tuesday by her husband, former President Bill Clinton, an aide told CNN. Nancy Reagan also will attend the service, starting at 2 p.m. (5 p.m. ET) at St. Margaret's Episcopal Church in Palm Desert, a Reagan Foundation official said....
comments powered by Disqus
- Poll: Majority Of Americans Say Obama Is Mixed Race, Not Black
- New technology helps paleontologists see Ice-Age bee in intricate detail
- History textbooks in crosshairs of Australia's curriculum wars
- Archaeologists' findings may prove Rome a century older than thought
- 150 years of medical journals to go online
- She Came All the Way from Melbourne to Attend the OAH
- The 7 Most Popular HNN Videos from the 2014 OAH
- U.Va. Historian Alan Taylor Wins 2014 Pulitzer for Book on Slaves and War -- His second Pulitzer!
- UW Professor Stephanie Camp, 46, feminist historian, dies
- Italian forces in WW2 were not soft and Mussolini wasn't a clown, British historian claims