Betty Ford service to be attended by past first ladies, ex-presidents
Current and past first ladies and two former presidents will attend a Tuesday memorial service in California for former first lady Betty Ford.
The White House announced that Michelle Obama would travel to Palm Desert, California, for the National Tribute Service.
Former first lady Rosalynn Carter will be one of the eulogists, Ford family spokesman Gregory Willard said over the weekend. Journalist Cokie Roberts will join Carter in paying tribute to Ford.
Hillary Clinton, the current secretary of state, will be accompanied Tuesday by her husband, former President Bill Clinton, an aide told CNN. Nancy Reagan also will attend the service, starting at 2 p.m. (5 p.m. ET) at St. Margaret's Episcopal Church in Palm Desert, a Reagan Foundation official said....
comments powered by Disqus
- Study: Violent radicalism in UK isn't associated with poverty
- CONFIRMED: the Shrine of Jonah/Mosque of Yunus (Nineveh, Mosul, Iraq) has been destroyed
- Chinese President Xi Jinping: Nobody can change history
- Iraq’s Long-Lost Mythical Temple Has Been Found…and Is In Danger of Disappearing Again
- CBS features in-depth coverage of the 50th anniversary of the signing of the Civil Rights law
- This is what motivated history students in high school and middle school can do!
- Obama to award National Humanities Medals to 3 historians
- Historian Curt Gentry, known for Hoover biography and ‘Helter Skelter,’ dies at 83
- Harvard historian: strategy of climate science denial groups 'extremely successful'
- Curators at Victoria and Albert Museum are pushing the boundaries of collecting