Betty Ford service to be attended by past first ladies, ex-presidents
Current and past first ladies and two former presidents will attend a Tuesday memorial service in California for former first lady Betty Ford.
The White House announced that Michelle Obama would travel to Palm Desert, California, for the National Tribute Service.
Former first lady Rosalynn Carter will be one of the eulogists, Ford family spokesman Gregory Willard said over the weekend. Journalist Cokie Roberts will join Carter in paying tribute to Ford.
Hillary Clinton, the current secretary of state, will be accompanied Tuesday by her husband, former President Bill Clinton, an aide told CNN. Nancy Reagan also will attend the service, starting at 2 p.m. (5 p.m. ET) at St. Margaret's Episcopal Church in Palm Desert, a Reagan Foundation official said....
comments powered by Disqus
- OAH issues a statement in support of the AP standards
- Daniel Pipes says in interview that the absence of anti-Israel protests in Muslim countries is highly significant
- A historian who studies China has discovered an overlooked angle in the debate about the Middle East. Could he have figured out a key reason for Iraq’s failure to defeat ISIS?
- American Historical Association backs revision of the AP course in history
- Middle East Scholars and Librarians Call for the Boycott of Israeli Academic Institutions