Betty Ford service to be attended by past first ladies, ex-presidents
Current and past first ladies and two former presidents will attend a Tuesday memorial service in California for former first lady Betty Ford.
The White House announced that Michelle Obama would travel to Palm Desert, California, for the National Tribute Service.
Former first lady Rosalynn Carter will be one of the eulogists, Ford family spokesman Gregory Willard said over the weekend. Journalist Cokie Roberts will join Carter in paying tribute to Ford.
Hillary Clinton, the current secretary of state, will be accompanied Tuesday by her husband, former President Bill Clinton, an aide told CNN. Nancy Reagan also will attend the service, starting at 2 p.m. (5 p.m. ET) at St. Margaret's Episcopal Church in Palm Desert, a Reagan Foundation official said....
comments powered by Disqus
- Arizona Historical Society soon could be history
- Yale's Donald Kagan says students need to study Western civilization
- Ken Burns on Colbert to promote his new documentary, "The Address"
- UC Santa Barbara History Department featuring a series on the Great Society at 50
- Historians are trying to recover censored texts from World War I poets