Human remains found at Caithness Iron Age broch site
Human remains including parts of a skull and leg bones have been found during an archaeological dig at an Iron Age site in Caithness.
The police and procurator fiscal service have been notified of the finds at Thrumster, near Wick, as normal procedure by archaeologists.
The remains have still to be radiocarbon dated to determine how old they are.
Ancient human remains have previously been uncovered in Caithness....
comments powered by Disqus
- Shipwreck Found Under World Trade Center Traced Back To Colonial Era Philadelphia
- Bob Dallek in the NYT gives a rave review of John Dean's history of Watergate cover-up
- Ex-President George W. Bush Authors Book About His Father
- Tears, and Anger, as Militants Destroy Iraq City’s Relics
- Europe notes 100th anniversary of World War I
- History Professor: Convicted Cop Killer Mumia Should Be Celebrated Like Martin Luther King Jr. in Schools
- Robert Drew, Cinema Verite Documentarian, Dies at 90
- Rick Perlstein: “Ronald Reagan absolved America almost in a priestly role not to have to contend with sin. The consequences are all around us today”
- History wars are raging in East Asia
- Round 2: It's Benny Morris vs. Martin Kramer ... Was there a massacre in 1948 in Lydda?