Fierce Battle of Harlaw of 1411 remembered
The 600th anniversary of a famous Aberdeenshire battle has been remembered.
The Battle of Harlaw was a clash between Scottish clans which was fought on 24 July, 1411, just north of Inverurie.
Hundreds of men died in the fierce combat.
A service was held at the Kirk of St Nicholas in Aberdeen before wreaths were laid at the Battle of Harlaw monument at Chapel of Garioch.
The Lord Provost of Aberdeen, Peter Stephen, and the Provost of Aberdeenshire, Bill Howatson, were joined by representatives from clans involved in the battle...
comments powered by Disqus
- Arizona Historical Society soon could be history
- Yale's Donald Kagan says students need to study Western civilization
- Ken Burns on Colbert to promote his new documentary, "The Address"
- UC Santa Barbara History Department featuring a series on the Great Society at 50
- Historians are trying to recover censored texts from World War I poets