Silver dating back to 1662 taken from Derbyshire church
A collection of silver and pewter items, some 350 years old, has been stolen from a Derbyshire church.
St Peter's Church, on Pindale Road in Hope, was broken into between 2 July and 27 July, police said.
About 15 items, dating back to between 1662 and 1970 and including two silver chalices and a 17th Century pewter plate, were taken from a safe.
Police said the items, which are used for special services, were worth thousands of pounds....
comments powered by Disqus
- T. rex fossils arrive at Smithsonian’s National Museum of Natural History
- Quote of the Day -- Time Magazine's Top 100 People
- Investigation: The Resegregation of America's Schools
- 5 Explosive Revelations Leaked from Senate Report Exposing CIA Torture
- In Parts of the South, Glorifying Slavery No Longer Pays the Bills
- UC Berkeley professor emeritus Robert Harlan dies at 84
- She Came All the Way from Melbourne to Attend the OAH
- The 7 Most Popular HNN Videos from the 2014 OAH
- Jesse Lemisch’s up-from-below history is still strikingly original
- U.Va. Historian Alan Taylor Wins 2014 Pulitzer for Book on Slaves and War -- His second Pulitzer!