Silver dating back to 1662 taken from Derbyshire church
A collection of silver and pewter items, some 350 years old, has been stolen from a Derbyshire church.
St Peter's Church, on Pindale Road in Hope, was broken into between 2 July and 27 July, police said.
About 15 items, dating back to between 1662 and 1970 and including two silver chalices and a 17th Century pewter plate, were taken from a safe.
Police said the items, which are used for special services, were worth thousands of pounds....
comments powered by Disqus
- Nelson Mandela Dead: Icon of Anti-Apartheid Movement Dies at 95
- George H.W. Bush Given Lyndon B. Johnson Foundation Award
- Bruce Springsteen's 'Born To Run' manuscript could fetch $100,000 at NY auction
- Hospital Donates Records of Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis to JFK Library
- Australia’s Eureka Flag Finds a New Patch