Ancient primate fossil unearthed
Researchers working in Uganda say they have unearthed the well-preserved fossil skull of an ancient primate.
The 20 million-year-old specimen comes from the site of an extinct volcano in Uganda's north-east Karamoja region.
The scientists say preliminary analysis showed the tree-climbing herbivore was roughly 10 years old when it died.
The skull is about the same size as that of a chimp, but its brain was smaller....
comments powered by Disqus
- Round 2: It's Benny Morris vs. Martin Kramer ... Was there a massacre in 1948 in Lydda?
- World War I Anniversary: Five Historians, Two Questions
- While French historians take a common view of WW I, British and German don't
- Historian: Proclamation Naming Pa. State Gun Gets Facts Wrong
- Irish slave owners were compensated historian reveals