British Library offers e-classics app for iPad
The British Library is making digital copies of more than 40,000 classic books available for the iPad.
Texts appear in fully digitised form, complete with original page markings and drawings, as opposed to the plain formatting associated with other types of e-books.
All of the works date from the 18th and 19th centuries and include novels, poetry and historical accounts.
Users must pay a monthly subscription of £1.99 to access the full collection....
comments powered by Disqus
- While French historians take a common view of WW I, British and German don't
- Historian: Proclamation Naming Pa. State Gun Gets Facts Wrong
- Irish slave owners were compensated historian reveals
- Two historians are in a race against time to preserve early church records from destruction
- Yale's Jay Winter sums up what we should remember about WW I