British Library offers e-classics app for iPad
The British Library is making digital copies of more than 40,000 classic books available for the iPad.
Texts appear in fully digitised form, complete with original page markings and drawings, as opposed to the plain formatting associated with other types of e-books.
All of the works date from the 18th and 19th centuries and include novels, poetry and historical accounts.
Users must pay a monthly subscription of £1.99 to access the full collection....
comments powered by Disqus
- It’s Martin Kramer vs. Ari Shavit vs. Benny Morris
- It's official: 2014 AHA election results are in
- In new book UC Berkeley historian Waldo E. Martin, Jr. takes Black Panther Party's point of view
- Economics historian finds that real social mobility takes hundreds of years
- Historian Tim Furnish says liberals shouldn't be astonished that ISIS is stoning women to death -- "in many Muslim countries ... large majorities ... favor stoning"