President Obama ... Your Opinion?
The History News Network is a nonpartisan website that gives historians a platform to comment on current events. We feature articles from scholars of all political persuasions and we're critically acclaimed within the historical community.
To read the most recent edition of HNN, go here.
Be sure to check out our Hot Topics page on the ongoing financial panic. We've compiled the best historical commentary on the web into one easy-to-read package.
The Case for Obama
- Kenneth Weisbrode: Obama Sees a Distant Horizon
- Elizabeth Tandy Shermer: FDR Got Criticized a Lot, Too
- K.C. Johnson: Obama Gets a B+ On Foreign Policy
The Case Against Obama
- Gil Troy: Obama at 50 Should Have More Faith in America
- Historians of the Left: WTF, Barack?
- Bernard A. Weisberger: Obama May Stink, But Liberals are at Fault, Too
comments powered by Disqus
- Five Things You Need to Know to be a Better Digital Preservationist
- Book on Losing British Generals Wins American History Prize
- Stanford scholar explores civil rights revolution's positive impact on the South's economy
- Harvard Historian Nancy Koehn on Amazon's Tentacular Reach
- Q&A with historian and author Nick Turse