Vladimir Putin goes diving in the Black Sea
Vladimir Putin, Russia's prime minister has added underwater archaeology to his long list of outdoor pursuits, diving beneath the Black Sea to explore the submerged ruins of an ancient Greek city known as Russia's Atlantis.
In a carefully co-ordinated publicity stunt designed to show the 58-year-old Russian prime minister as a dynamic figure interested in his country's heritage, Mr Putin went diving off the Taman Peninsula in southern Russia on Wednesday afternoon.
The area was the site of an ancient Greek settlement known as Phanagoria that is currently being excavated by Russian archaeologists, and Mr Putin's scuba diving foray into its submerged ruins received top billing on Russian state TV....
comments powered by Disqus
- Nelson Mandela Dead: Icon of Anti-Apartheid Movement Dies at 95
- George H.W. Bush Given Lyndon B. Johnson Foundation Award
- Bruce Springsteen's 'Born To Run' manuscript could fetch $100,000 at NY auction
- Hospital Donates Records of Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis to JFK Library
- Australia’s Eureka Flag Finds a New Patch