Montenegro to bury remains of German war dead
Germany and Montenegro have signed an agreement on burying the remains of German soldiers killed during World War II.
The agreement was reached during a visit to the Balkan state by the German Foreign Minister, Guido Westerwelle.
A site containing more than 400 bodies was excavated in Montenegro's capital Podgorica in 2007.
The agreement means a new German cemetery will be built in Montenegro to house the remains....
comments powered by Disqus
- T. rex fossils arrive at Smithsonian’s National Museum of Natural History
- Quote of the Day -- Time Magazine's Top 100 People
- Investigation: The Resegregation of America's Schools
- 5 Explosive Revelations Leaked from Senate Report Exposing CIA Torture
- In Parts of the South, Glorifying Slavery No Longer Pays the Bills
- UC Berkeley professor emeritus Robert Harlan dies at 84
- She Came All the Way from Melbourne to Attend the OAH
- The 7 Most Popular HNN Videos from the 2014 OAH
- Jesse Lemisch’s up-from-below history is still strikingly original
- U.Va. Historian Alan Taylor Wins 2014 Pulitzer for Book on Slaves and War -- His second Pulitzer!