Man's quest for Shropshire pipe kilns ends
For the past 15 years, archaeologist Dr Alan Peacey has been digging into the history of Shropshire's tobacco pipe industry.
Making pipes was a cottage industry in the 18th century and the village of Pipe Aston near Ludlow had more kilns than most.
Now Dr Peacey has excavated his last, and best Shropshire kiln and is going home to Stroud in Gloucestershire to write up his findings and publish a book next year....
comments powered by Disqus
- Heffron, of WWII's Band of Brothers, Dies at 90
- Fully 70 percent of films from silent era are lost, according to Library of Congress report
- "Secret" Labyrinth of Tunnels under Rome Mapped
- Florida Tribe Re-Creates Daring Escape From The Trail Of Tears
- Evolution, Civil War history entwine in plant fossil with a tragic past