Gillibrand: Make NY battlefield a national park
ELMIRA, N.Y. — U.S. Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand has introduced legislation that would allow a Revolutionary War battlefield currently owned by New York state to become a national park.
The measure introduced by the New York Democrat earlier this month would authorize the federal government to conduct a study to evaluate the significance of the Newtown Battlefield State Park, just outside the city of Elmira, and the impact of making it a national park.
comments powered by Disqus
- Limbaugh, Citing Ron Radosh, Tries to Blame Max Blumenthal for Kansas Rampage
- UC Berkeley professor emeritus Robert Harlan dies at 84
- She Came All the Way from Melbourne to Attend the OAH
- The 7 Most Popular HNN Videos from the 2014 OAH
- Jesse Lemisch’s up-from-below history is still strikingly original