Gillibrand: Make NY battlefield a national park
ELMIRA, N.Y. — U.S. Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand has introduced legislation that would allow a Revolutionary War battlefield currently owned by New York state to become a national park.
The measure introduced by the New York Democrat earlier this month would authorize the federal government to conduct a study to evaluate the significance of the Newtown Battlefield State Park, just outside the city of Elmira, and the impact of making it a national park.
comments powered by Disqus
- How Americans Feel About Religious Groups
- Tea Party support linked to educational segregation, new study shows
- History of Philly Rests Under I-95
- Agreement aims to protect North Shore wrecks from looters
- Award-Winning Filmmaker Kevin McCann to Produce the First Film about the Easter Rising in Ireland
- It's official: 2014 AHA election results are in
- In new book UC Berkeley historian Waldo E. Martin, Jr. takes Black Panther Party's point of view
- Economics historian finds that real social mobility takes hundreds of years
- Historian Tim Furnish says liberals shouldn't be astonished that ISIS is stoning women to death -- "in many Muslim countries ... large majorities ... favor stoning"
- Historian turns baker?