'Notorious PhD', aka Fordham professor Mark Naison, raps against gentrification in Bronx
A Funky fresh Fordham University professor is rapping about rent to warn the Bronx about gentrification. But housing and census experts believe the borough has nothing to fear.
Mark Naison, who rhymes under the stage name Notorious PhD, [performed] "Not in the Bronx" Thursday at the Urban Plunge, an annual community service event just for Fordham freshmen.
The history scholar has watched yuppies and hipsters transform parts of Brooklyn and Harlem, crowding out longtime residents and wants Fordham students to help protect the Bronx....
comments powered by Disqus
- Study: Violent radicalism in UK isn't associated with poverty
- CONFIRMED: the Shrine of Jonah/Mosque of Yunus (Nineveh, Mosul, Iraq) has been destroyed
- Chinese President Xi Jinping: Nobody can change history
- Iraq’s Long-Lost Mythical Temple Has Been Found…and Is In Danger of Disappearing Again
- CBS features in-depth coverage of the 50th anniversary of the signing of the Civil Rights law
- Harvard historian: strategy of climate science denial groups 'extremely successful'
- Curators at Victoria and Albert Museum are pushing the boundaries of collecting
- Ukrainian Leaders Are Using David Barton's Theocratic Pseudo-History To Build Their Nation
- John D’Emilio, renowned professor of gay studies, retires
- Journalist Michael Wolraich says he wrote his new book about the Progressives to teach Americans how to do liberal politics