'Notorious PhD', aka Fordham professor Mark Naison, raps against gentrification in Bronx
A Funky fresh Fordham University professor is rapping about rent to warn the Bronx about gentrification. But housing and census experts believe the borough has nothing to fear.
Mark Naison, who rhymes under the stage name Notorious PhD, [performed] "Not in the Bronx" Thursday at the Urban Plunge, an annual community service event just for Fordham freshmen.
The history scholar has watched yuppies and hipsters transform parts of Brooklyn and Harlem, crowding out longtime residents and wants Fordham students to help protect the Bronx....
comments powered by Disqus
- Five Things You Need to Know to be a Better Digital Preservationist
- Book on Losing British Generals Wins American History Prize
- Stanford scholar explores civil rights revolution's positive impact on the South's economy
- Harvard Historian Nancy Koehn on Amazon's Tentacular Reach
- Q&A with historian and author Nick Turse