Steven Spielberg to attend "Lincoln" reception at Executive Mansion
Steven Spielberg and the production team from his film “Lincoln” will attend a reception on Monday at the Executive Mansion, one of the locations the crew plans to use for filming.
Gov. Bob McDonnell will host the soiree to welcome the crew to the state and “thank all involved in landing this major job-creating project for Virginia,” according to the governor’s office.
The film, based on the book "Team of Rivals" by Doris Kearns Goodwin, begins production soon in the Richmond area with a scheduled release in 2012. Daniel Day-Lewis will play former President Abraham Lincoln, and Sally Field will play Mary Todd Lincoln, though neither of them is expected to attend the event....
comments powered by Disqus
- Is it a reminder of Nazis or a historical object worthy of saving?
- Supreme Court reveals that the docket books of many justices survive -- and are being made available
- Poll: Majority Of Americans Say Obama Is Mixed Race, Not Black
- New technology helps paleontologists see Ice-Age bee in intricate detail
- History textbooks in crosshairs of Australia's curriculum wars
- She Came All the Way from Melbourne to Attend the OAH
- The 7 Most Popular HNN Videos from the 2014 OAH
- Jesse Lemisch’s up-from-below history is still strikingly original
- U.Va. Historian Alan Taylor Wins 2014 Pulitzer for Book on Slaves and War -- His second Pulitzer!
- UW Professor Stephanie Camp, 46, feminist historian, dies