Steven Spielberg to attend "Lincoln" reception at Executive Mansion
Steven Spielberg and the production team from his film “Lincoln” will attend a reception on Monday at the Executive Mansion, one of the locations the crew plans to use for filming.
Gov. Bob McDonnell will host the soiree to welcome the crew to the state and “thank all involved in landing this major job-creating project for Virginia,” according to the governor’s office.
The film, based on the book "Team of Rivals" by Doris Kearns Goodwin, begins production soon in the Richmond area with a scheduled release in 2012. Daniel Day-Lewis will play former President Abraham Lincoln, and Sally Field will play Mary Todd Lincoln, though neither of them is expected to attend the event....
comments powered by Disqus
- New Hampshire professors at odds with library over discarded books
- Troubled history fuels Japan-China tension
- Independent Scotland's last gasp forgotten in Panama jungle
- LBJ was the ‘most-threatened president in American history’
- New exhibit at the World War I Museum ... Over by Christmas: August-December 1914
- Ken Burns on Colbert to promote his new documentary, "The Address"
- UC Santa Barbara History Department featuring a series on the Great Society at 50
- Historians are trying to recover censored texts from World War I poets
- Diane Ravitch blasts the NYT for failing to understand the controversy over Common Core
- Mormon history professors debate atheists in bid to foster greater understanding