Steven Spielberg to attend "Lincoln" reception at Executive Mansion
Steven Spielberg and the production team from his film “Lincoln” will attend a reception on Monday at the Executive Mansion, one of the locations the crew plans to use for filming.
Gov. Bob McDonnell will host the soiree to welcome the crew to the state and “thank all involved in landing this major job-creating project for Virginia,” according to the governor’s office.
The film, based on the book "Team of Rivals" by Doris Kearns Goodwin, begins production soon in the Richmond area with a scheduled release in 2012. Daniel Day-Lewis will play former President Abraham Lincoln, and Sally Field will play Mary Todd Lincoln, though neither of them is expected to attend the event....
comments powered by Disqus
- ‘Google must not be left to censor history’ – Wikipedia founder
- The most important battle you've probably never heard of
- ISIS is destroying both Shia and Sunni shrines and buildings in Mosul
- Study: Violent radicalism in UK isn't associated with poverty
- CONFIRMED: the Shrine of Jonah/Mosque of Yunus (Nineveh, Mosul, Iraq) has been destroyed
- Plagiarism scandals galore … but no consequences?
- Stephen Cohen was once considered a top Russia historian. Now he publishes odd defenses of Vladimir Putin.
- Historian who calls bull&%$@ on July 4th parade causes controversy
- This is what motivated history students in high school and middle school can do!
- Obama to award National Humanities Medals to 3 historians