Steven Spielberg to attend "Lincoln" reception at Executive Mansion
Steven Spielberg and the production team from his film “Lincoln” will attend a reception on Monday at the Executive Mansion, one of the locations the crew plans to use for filming.
Gov. Bob McDonnell will host the soiree to welcome the crew to the state and “thank all involved in landing this major job-creating project for Virginia,” according to the governor’s office.
The film, based on the book "Team of Rivals" by Doris Kearns Goodwin, begins production soon in the Richmond area with a scheduled release in 2012. Daniel Day-Lewis will play former President Abraham Lincoln, and Sally Field will play Mary Todd Lincoln, though neither of them is expected to attend the event....
comments powered by Disqus
- Journalist Michael Wolraich says he wrote his new book about the Progressives to teach Americans how to do liberal politics
- It’s Martin Kramer vs. Ari Shavit vs. Benny Morris
- It's official: 2014 AHA election results are in
- In new book UC Berkeley historian Waldo E. Martin, Jr. takes Black Panther Party's point of view
- Economics historian finds that real social mobility takes hundreds of years