Pa. group hopes to get Civil War-era train rolling
YORK, Pa. (AP) — A replica of a Civil War-era train could be rolling through central Pennsylvania in time for the 150th anniversary of the battle of Gettysburg, if members of a York County nonprofit have their way.
Backers point out that President Abraham Lincoln traveled on a train through the county to deliver the Gettysburg Address, and two years later, his funeral train chugged along the same Northern Central Railway....
comments powered by Disqus
- Round 2: It's Benny Morris vs. Martin Kramer ... Was there a massacre in 1948 in Lydda?
- World War I Anniversary: Five Historians, Two Questions
- While French historians take a common view of WW I, British and German don't
- Historian: Proclamation Naming Pa. State Gun Gets Facts Wrong
- Irish slave owners were compensated historian reveals