Pa. group hopes to get Civil War-era train rolling
YORK, Pa. (AP) — A replica of a Civil War-era train could be rolling through central Pennsylvania in time for the 150th anniversary of the battle of Gettysburg, if members of a York County nonprofit have their way.
Backers point out that President Abraham Lincoln traveled on a train through the county to deliver the Gettysburg Address, and two years later, his funeral train chugged along the same Northern Central Railway....
comments powered by Disqus
- Historian Fernando Prado on quest to find remains of Cervantes
- Historian shines a light on the dark heart of Australia's nationhood
- Female historian says human rights museum censored her
- Japanese historians slam sex-slave apology review
- Stephanie Coontz: "Marriages require much more maturity than they once did."