Hitler 'personally' planned 1934 putsch in Vienna
VIENNA — Adolf Hitler himself planned a failed Nazi coup in 1934 that culminated in the assassination of the Austrian chancellor Engelbert Dollfuss, according to new findings by a Viennese historian.
Based on journal entries by close Hitler associate Joseph Goebbels, historian Kurt Bauer concluded the thwarted "July putsch" of 1934 was devised "with great likelihood by Adolf Hitler personally", in a newly published article.
On July 25, 1934, Austrian Nazi partisans attacked the chancellery in Vienna, hoping to force the government to resign and install a regime favourable to Hitler's Germany....
comments powered by Disqus
- Nelson Mandela Dead: Icon of Anti-Apartheid Movement Dies at 95
- George H.W. Bush Given Lyndon B. Johnson Foundation Award
- Bruce Springsteen's 'Born To Run' manuscript could fetch $100,000 at NY auction
- Hospital Donates Records of Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis to JFK Library
- Australia’s Eureka Flag Finds a New Patch