The find of a lifetime: Treasure hunter digs up 200-piece haul of Viking jewellery and coins
A metal detecting enthusiast unearthed 'the find of a lifetime' when he discovered a Viking treasure hoard including 200 pieces of silver jewellery.
Darren Webster dug up a 1,000-year-old casket that also held coins, hacksilver and ingots while scouring at an undisclosed location on the border between Cumbria and North Lancashire.
Experts at the British Museum in London say the find is of 'national significance'.
'It's a find of a lifetime,' said Mr Webster, from Carnforth, Cumbria....
comments powered by Disqus
- Research by Richard Brown and Doron S. Ben-Atar sheds light on colonial bestiality
- Glenn Feldman wins prize for book, "The Irony of the Solid South"
- Prolific Wikipedia editor of women's lit dies in rock climbing accident
- Ronald Radosh says he's under attack from leftists
- Limbaugh, Citing Ron Radosh, Tries to Blame Max Blumenthal for Kansas Rampage