Historians campaign for Library and Archives Canada
Government cuts are hindering Library and Archives Canada’s ability to preserve items important to Canada’s heritage, according to some academics and historians.
The Canadian Association of University Teachers launched a campaign to save Library and Archives Canada and is calling on the federal government to fund a protection project.
Jim Turk, executive director of the association said the federal archives have been cut by 35 per cent since the 1990s, most of the cuts being to acquisitions and staff....
comments powered by Disqus
- Arizona Historical Society soon could be history
- Yale's Donald Kagan says students need to study Western civilization
- Ken Burns on Colbert to promote his new documentary, "The Address"
- UC Santa Barbara History Department featuring a series on the Great Society at 50
- Historians are trying to recover censored texts from World War I poets