Historians campaign for Library and Archives Canada
Government cuts are hindering Library and Archives Canada’s ability to preserve items important to Canada’s heritage, according to some academics and historians.
The Canadian Association of University Teachers launched a campaign to save Library and Archives Canada and is calling on the federal government to fund a protection project.
Jim Turk, executive director of the association said the federal archives have been cut by 35 per cent since the 1990s, most of the cuts being to acquisitions and staff....
comments powered by Disqus
- Heffron, of WWII's Band of Brothers, Dies at 90
- Fully 70 percent of films from silent era are lost, according to Library of Congress report
- "Secret" Labyrinth of Tunnels under Rome Mapped
- Florida Tribe Re-Creates Daring Escape From The Trail Of Tears
- Evolution, Civil War history entwine in plant fossil with a tragic past