On Other Websites: Week of October 31, 2011
- Sean Wilentz: The Long and Tragical History of Post-Partisanship
- Ruth Rosen: Are Male Baby Boomers Doomed To Become Lonely Seniors?
- Norman Davies: How Historians Will Look Back on Euroland's Demise
- Niall Ferguson: America's 'Oh Sh*T!' Moment
- Bruce J. Schulman: The “Smoke-Filled Room” Never Looked So Good
- Matthew D. Lassiter: Who Speaks for the Silent Majority?
- Richard Lowry: Europe ... From Colonial Powers to Supplicants
- David A. Bell: The Case Against Referendums: From Greece to California, They Always End Up Undermining Democracy
- Walter Isaacson: The Genius of Jobs
- Paul R. Pillar: Apartheid, Then and Now
comments powered by Disqus
- T. rex fossils arrive at Smithsonian’s National Museum of Natural History
- Quote of the Day -- Time Magazine's Top 100 People
- Investigation: The Resegregation of America's Schools
- 5 Explosive Revelations Leaked from Senate Report Exposing CIA Torture
- In Parts of the South, Glorifying Slavery No Longer Pays the Bills
- UC Berkeley professor emeritus Robert Harlan dies at 84
- She Came All the Way from Melbourne to Attend the OAH
- The 7 Most Popular HNN Videos from the 2014 OAH
- Jesse Lemisch’s up-from-below history is still strikingly original
- U.Va. Historian Alan Taylor Wins 2014 Pulitzer for Book on Slaves and War -- His second Pulitzer!